Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Sammy!

On December 21st, Sammy turned one year old. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by! In one year Sammy has gained 16 pounds, grown 10 inches, sprouted 8 teeth, gotten a lot more hair (even though it's still not much!), learned to roll over, sit up and crawl, fallen down 3 flights of stairs, smashed one big toe, gotten two major infections, and he's been smiling through it all! We love our Sammy!





He was a good sport with the cake, even though he didn't feel well. Earlier that same day he was in urgent care and was diagnosed with croup. After getting a prescription he felt a little better and we were still able to have the party.


Nana and Papa got him the cutest little plush doggy that makes barking sounds. He loves to hug his little animals.


Poor Sammy! He was so sick all he really did was sit there while Eli and I opened his presents for him. Hopefully next year he won't be sick on his birthday!



Here is the cake before Sammy got to it--as you can see, I am a professional cake decorator! (That's about the saddest looking cake I've ever seen!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i think the cake looks good plus sammy a baby he sont care as long as it is eatable lol

Happy late b day sammy

people born in Dec rule!!!!

Allie said...

It's not a sad looking cake, it's fine! I do love the Christmas lights on the high chair though, nice touch. :) Oh, and welcome home to the hubby!

Lisa said...

Thats pretty good if I do say so my self. It's a lot better than mine has turned out! Way to go Luella!

Jeannie Young said...

Happy Birthday to Sammy! What a cute, cute guy, even when he's not feeling well. He sure has grown since I last saw him. The cake looks great too, much better than I could have done!

Team Laws said...

I'm sure after a little rearranging it looked even more awesome