Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation vol. 2: Utah!!

Wow! I don't think I ever fully realized how beautiful Utah is. It was just amazing to come down through Provo Canyon and see how pretty it all is. I really love the mountains. I can't count how many times Ben and I remarked about how big and beautiful the mountains are. Don't get me wrong, Nebraska has it's own beauty, corn fields and all, but it's just not the same as the mountains.

We got to hike the Y while we were there and go to the BYU bookstore and get some gear for me (including this snazzy hat). It was a lot of fun!


We also went to the Provo Temple and did sealings. They have really improved the front of the temple adding more fountains and tons of flowers. It was really pretty.

A special thanks to my mom for babysitting while we did all of this fun stuff. Our vacation was so much nicer because she helped us out!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yes, we are originally from Utah and Colorado and we really miss the beautiful mountains! You're right - it's just not the same!

Looks like you had a fun vacation. Glad you're back though!

Jeannie Young said...

AWESOME pictures! I love the slideshow. It looks like you had a great vacation and got to do some fun stuff. I miss Utah!!! The pictures of the hot air balloons totally made me homesick for 4th of July in Provo. I can't believe how big your nieces and nephews are. Everyone looks good, except Byron looked so funny in his big sun hat! =) Anyway, so glad you had a great time.

Allison said...

I'm so glad you found me. I honestly haven't gotten back online much since the 4th. It was so good to see you and I look forward to checking in on you frequently!

Micaela said...

Oh! I miss Utah as well! Which is really funny b/c I didn't think I would as much as I do. There's so much beautiful nature and it's so peaceful! I'm glad you had so much fun! After seeing your pictures, I really can't wait till next year when we have our family reunion!