Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vacation vol.3: My family!


Seeing my family was so great . . . it had been five years since I had been back to Utah. I've seen my parents since then, but there are siblings who hadn't met Carli and Sammy until this visit. It was great to see everyone! I can't believe how much my nieces and nephews have changed. I remember spending what seemed like everyday babysitting them. The first diaper I ever changed was for my nephew David and now he's 24 years old! We had a great time visiting with him over lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Carli took to him right away (which is really strange as she is very wary around men she doesn't know), she even had to switch spots in the middle of lunch so she could sit next to him!

We hiked up to Timpanogos Caves in American Fork Canyon with my brother Byron, sister-in-law Inger, nephews Scott and Bronson, and niece Savannè. It was really fun! The last time I went was in fifth grade, and I don't remember the trail being so long or steep or hot! The caves were really interesting, but I enjoyed the hike the most. It was so beautiful and I really enjoyed visiting with Inger and Savannè. Eli did great on the hike up, he stayed with Bronson and beat everyone to the top. Ben mostly carried Carli and on the way down she even fell asleep while sitting on his shoulders. He had to take her down and hold her in his arms so she didn't fall off! We all had a good laugh trying to get her to wake up. Eli was very tired on the way down and I carried him the last little bit, but everyone made it and I was proud of the kids.

We also had a couple of really fun barbecues; one at my sister Renée's house and one at my brother Jason's house. We didn't have our camera at Jason's house and didn't get any pictures with them, which is a bummer! I will have to be more camera diligent next time.

It was just great to see the family and spend time
with everyone. We had a great vacation!


10 comments:

Jamie said...

5 years?! We haven't gone longer than a year! It sure is amazing how fast everyone grows up when you don't see them often. It makes me feel like I'm getting so old. Sounds like a fun hike - a nice way to spend time with family and just talk.

rainyjane said...

Looks like you all had fun! I'm jealous :)

Corry Cropper said...

Good to hear from you. Thanks for staying in touch!

Team Laws said...

Great fun! Brought back a few memories

http://teamlaws.blogspot.com/2008/07/reflections-on-timpanogos.html

Anonymous said...

What an awesome trip! the views are incredible, glad everyone had a great time.

LIZ

Allison said...

I love reading your vacation updates from Utah. You did everything I would have wanted to do if we had stayed a little longer. Maybe I'll get to do them when I go back!

Kathy B. said...

I was looking at your wonderful pix wondering who that was with your kids at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I cannot believe that it's David! What a great looking kid...young man. Time certainly does fly by! Your pictures were wonderful and it was great seeing your beautiful family.

Jill said...

You look awesome!! How fun for you to come home and see your fam! Your parents look just the same as I remember them. Thanks for the kind words about my dad. He is doing great!! Your kiddos are darling!

Allie said...

It's so great to hear from you and see you!! Man, I need to jump on your I'm losing it bandwagon. Cute blogs.

Gregory said...

Your blog is so impressive.