Monday, September 1, 2008

Carli-Pants



There have been lots of posts about Sammy and Eli lately--I feel like Carli's being overlooked! Ben and I were just commenting today that we hope Carli keeps her fun personality as she grows up.

She is a total crack up--there's nothing I like better than watching her play! She does so many really funny things. She absolutely loves to organize and stack things. She often asks to play with the spices (I have them organized into a basket of large bottles, and a basket of small bottles) so she can stack them into a tower and then line them up around the counter. She also loves to play with the "craft box"--not so she can color or do any sort of craft, but so she can take everything out of it and arrange it on the floor in some kind of shape.

She can play for hours in a box or a laundry basket. She will get her blankies and pillows and make herself a bed... I have found her more than once asleep in a laundry basket!




Several funny things have happened in the past few weeks. One time I was doing some cleaning when Carli came upstairs with yogurt all over her face. Our conversation:

Me: "Carli, what's all over your face?"

Carli: (totally innocent) "Nothing."

Me: "What have you been eating?"

Carli: (even more innocent) "Nothing."

Me: "Hmm. Come here, let's look in the mirror." (She goes along with this completely, no resistance whatsoever... she's still very confident.)

Me: (at the mirror now) "Carli, what's all over your face?"

Carli: (VERY loud wail) " Aaaahhh! I want daddy!" (She starts to sob.)

Me: "What did you eat?"

Carli: "A yogurt."

Me: "Where is it?"

Carli: "Downstairs under the couch."

Me: "Where is the spoon?"

Carli: "I didn't have a spoon, I was eating it with my fingers."

That's Carli for you! I love her so much, she brightens my life every day and keeps me laughing.

4 comments:

Allie said...

I love when they think that they are going to pull one over on you! Very fun post, she's darling!

Jamie said...

Very sneaky! My kids try to trick me too, they can't figure out how I know what has really happened every time! Moms just know!!

Micaela said...

I always did think it was crazy how my mom knew every time- she said she had eyes in the back of her head. :) When Ashelyn started doing this, I finally figured out that it wasn't so much that my mom was psychic or anything, I just left a trail of clues... Haha! :) What a fun little personality she has!

Jeannie Young said...

She is a doll! I LOVE the last picture of the two of you, it is beautiful. I dearly love my boys and would be happy with only them, but when I see something as cute as you and your little girl I really hope some day I'll get one too! =)