Friday, September 26, 2008

Wow, we took so many pictures!

Here are a few of my faves:

The ferry boat we rode from St. Thomas to St. John. We're on the top waving... look really close. =)


Dru meeting Sammy for the first time.


Aunt Susie with Carli and Eli--on the beach within five minutes of arriving.


Carli modeling the new sunglasses from Uncle Dru--just one item in the pile of presents that greeted Eli and Carli in their room in the villa. They will never forget the trip to "Uncle Dru's Island"!


Luella and Eli playing in the pool.



Ben and Luella sailing on the boat Dru works on, Breath.


Ben swimming at Maho Bay.


Carli and Eli swimming in the open ocean. Interestingly enough, before this trip neither one of them would set foot in a pool deeper than they could touch, but they had no problem once Uncle Dru gave them these floaties. Everything from Uncle Dru is magic! We are never going to be cool again with Uncle Dru as competition!


Ben helping me put on my snorkeling mask as I try not to hyperventilate thinking about all the things that are going to eat me if I don't get out of that water!


Ben and Luella sailing on Breath


Being silly with the camera--one of the two times I actually did my hair and applied makeup. It's so darn hot there, the makeup melts off after an hour and hair falls flat from the humidity, so why waste the time?


Carli and Eli toasting the fabulous meal of "gourmet" mac-n-cheese and grilled chicken made by Chef Ted.


Jane posing with Chef Ted.

Carli and Eli posing at the ruins of the Annaberg Sugar Mills.


Ben's parents, Bill and Jane. Too cute!


Ben, Luella and Sammy sailing aboard Breath.


Look at that pile of easy cheese! No one does crackers and easy cheese like Nana!


This is in my top ten favorite pictures from the trip. A perfect picture of Papa and Carli deep in conversation.


Sammy took to Uncle Dru right away. Every morning when Dru would arrive at the villa, Sammy would speed crawl to see him. He just wanted Dru to hold him all the time--it was very cute. I'm sure if Sammy could talk, he'd tell us he misses Uncle Dru.


Sammy wasn't thrilled about the beach... it's hot, it's dirty, and where's my bed?


Yeah, not lovin it. I do love the look on Bill's face though--priceless!


I loved watching Ben play with the kids in the water--Sammy didn't love the beach, but he loved being with Daddy.


This picture captures Dru's personality perfectly--I got the perfect shot!



If there ever was a doubt that these three are related, it's gone now. I asked the three to pose together for a picture and they all stood three feet apart like they didn't even know each other. I said, "You could touch each other you know." All three of them, at the exact same time--no joke--reached out and touched the others with one finger. Ha,ha. =)


We all could have packed up and left Carli at the beach by herself and she never would have known it. She played in the sand for hours!



Ben pulling Eli's loose tooth with a little pair of pliers. Considering how brave Eli was and that we were in the islands, the normal tooth fairy acquiesced to the "Pirate Fairy" who visited Eli in the night and traded his tooth for a real pirate coin!



Starlit Villa--where we stayed. It was beautiful--thanks to Dru who worked so hard to make it perfect for us--we loved every minute of it!


Dru giving Carli a flower from the Flamboyant Tree, which she proudly wore in her hair until Nana accidentally broke it putting sunscreen on her scalp. She'll probably remember it a month from now and ask me when Uncle Dru's gonna get her another flower for her hair!

7 comments:

Allie said...

I'm A LOT jealous of this trip. I need a brother in law Dru too.

rainyjane said...

I wish I got a visit from the pirate fairy.. Eli's a lucky boy :)

Jamie said...

I am seriously so jealous! What a fun little vacay for you all, especially that you were able to spend the time with family. I'm sure your kids will be talking about this for years to come!

Jonny and Amber said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Welcome back to Nebraska!

Pedersen Posse said...

Add me to the jealous list. Looks like you had a great time.

The Toronto Family said...

just like every one else I'm SOOOO JEALOUS!!! so beautiful!!!

Jeannie Young said...

What great pictures!! What an awesome vacation to always remember. It sounds like it was great for the kids too! I love the picture with Ben and his siblings---too funny!