Sunday, October 5, 2008

Quotable Quotes

Me: Let's play the laughing game. The first person who laughs is out.

Eli: I have a better idea! Let's play the BARF game! The first person who barfs wins!
________________________________________________________________

Eli's prayer tonight at dinner:

Dear Heavenly Father, please bless the food that it will make our bodies strong and healthy. Please bless me to be good. Please bless our family to be good. Please bless the whole world to be good. Please bless me to eat all of my food--even my broccoli. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Enough said!
_________________________________________________________________

Carli was in time out for a record amount of time today after getting a bottle of cologne (at least it was Eli's small bottle) out of the bathroom and pouring it out all over the house. She put a little on everyone's bed and when it was gone she hid the empty bottle under our bed. This happened because I was making dinner and I thought she was outside with Ben watering the garden. I would have been on to her after 30 seconds of silence if I had known she was in the house! Our house is going to smell like Stetson Black for quite a while!

(During the timeout) Me: Carli, you don't touch things that aren't yours and you especially don't dump cologne out on people's beds.

Carli: Sor-ry.

Me: Why did you pour out the cologne?

Carli: . . . because I wanted to have dessert!

When will I ever learn not to ask a three-year-old why they do something?


6 comments:

Allie said...

I frequently ask my 3 year old why he does things and I always get, 'cause. If I ask him again he always says, I already said 'cause. I guess that answers everything! I just have to remember that these times will be gone way too fast, and then I'll think of all the naughty little things and cry to have them back.

Jamie said...

I love the funny things kids say. I wish I were good enough to write them all down so in 20 years we could have a good laugh. So cute!

The Toronto Family said...

SOOO TRUE!!!

Micaela said...

Hahaha!! I love little kids' answers. If Ashelyn doesn't have an answer, she'll make one up... Today, I noticed she had a big whole right by her back pocket on her pants- I asked her what happened. "My shoe kicked my bottom and I guess it decided to poke a hole through my pants." Really? :) Yay for you for writing these down! I need to do that more often.

Gregory said...

I think you should have an entire blog of these. It kinda reminds me of my friends confession blog (http://thealtarboy.blogspot.com), where he confesses all the ridiculous or horrible things he has done. It doesn't remind me because the quotes are horrible, just because I laugh as much at them.

Jeannie Young said...

So funny! I love all the silly things kids say and do. It's always much more funny after the fact though, don't you think? It's not much fun cleaning up after some of the crazy things 3 year olds do!