Monday, November 3, 2008

Carlidiculous!



Carli, Carli, Carli. What to do with this little girl. Last night my family had a conference call, so I put Sammy in bed and let Eli and Carli watch cartoons. As I talked I was so grateful that the kids were quiet--not knowing that there was secret havoc going on upstairs! After I got off the phone, I took the kids up to bed and discovered that Carli had gotten a hold of a brand new tube of concealer and decorated her carpet and bed with it. Then, realizing that she was probably in big trouble, she got a squirt bottle with water in it and tried to clean it up. AAH! I did manage to get most of the stains out, but I'm going to have to get the carpet machine out today and get the rest.



It's a good thing she balances acts like the one above with those in these pictures. Last week I went up to turn off her lamp and kiss her good night and this is what I found. Little Piglet tucked into a cute little bed, snug as a bug in a rug.



Carli and I also had a great conversation the other day. She was in the bathroom with me while I put on my makeup and she was playing with the three rugs on the floor. She says to me, "Mommy, when I was a baby I peed on this rug... (pointing) and I poohed on this rug." And I say, "I know, those were accidents, huh? But you don't do that anymore, cause you're a big girl now!" "Yeah," she says, "Now I do it in my bed." =)

5 comments:

Team Laws said...

kids are the best and at times they run the gamut to the other end of the spectrum. In the end they are a "heritage of the Lord". There's nothing better in life of this I am certain!

Jamie said...

I think you have shown that no matter how mad and frustrated we can be with our kids, they are still so cute and so funny. How can we not love them with all of our hearts? All that good, wonderful, crying-because-you're-so-happy stuff makes up for the really, really bad stuff.

Jeannie Young said...

Soo funny! She is such a cute little girl. It is definitely nice that the really frustrating things kids do are balanced by the sweet, heart-melting things---otherwise we mothers would go crazy!!

Jeannie Young said...

By the way, I can feel for you about the concealer. I still have Butt Paste on our carpet in Aaron's room thanks to Jacob! Good thing it's nearly the same color as the carpet and blends in because it won't come out!!!

The Toronto Family said...

HA HA HA - I'm SOOO laughing !!!! kids are so honest it is just soooo funny!!!

it is great that you are recording just everyday life I LOVE it!!!

and... I know how you feel, my dear sweet Aaron... did you see my post about the sharpe he took to my down stairs? Anyway- Amen to what Jamie said!!!