Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Tooth Fairy's Going Broke!


Earlier this week, Eli lost one of his two front teeth, but the other one has been hanging on by threads for days now. You can see in the first picture what he looked like after we pulled the first tooth.

Today I finally convinced him to let me pull the other one out (I told a tiny white lie... that if he didn't let me pull it out that it would rot and ruin the new tooth coming in... aww, come on! I had to get him to let me pull it out--it was driving me crazy!)

So, we get the dental floss and I tie a loop in it and go for the top tooth. Before I can get there he points to one on the bottom and says, "No, Mom! It's this one!" And flop, out comes one of the teeth on the bottom. This kids teeth are falling out left and right!


After a little more "you're teeth are going to rot out of your head" and "you'll get DOUBLE money from the Tooth Fairy", he finally lets me pull out the top tooth as well.

Here's the after shot . . . good thing Carli won't lose her teeth any time soon--the Tooth Fairy's broke after tonight!

7 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

How fun! Sydney doesn't even have a loose tooth yet. She's so jealous of all the kids lossing their teeth. This tooth fairy is content to wait it out. Too bad Eli didn't wait a month to loose his two front teeth. It would have made a great Christmas card... I guess you can still use the picture... :)

Lisa said...

Thats so funny. I have used that line oon my own kids. It only will work a few times though then the get smart and it wont work any more. Hey I wanted to let you know about my blog lisa-christensen.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, look at all those holes! Our tooth fairy is cheap - $1.00 per tooth. But heck, with two at a time, you're sure to go broke! Lucky Eli!

Jeannie Young said...

That is crazy! Jacob doesn't have a single tooth that's even somewhat loose! Matt and I keep commenting how every kids that is his age seems to be losing their teeth. You are brave for pulling them out, I don't think I could stomach it. I never even dared pull my OWN loose teeth out!!

Micaela said...

Ashelyn wants to have a loose tooth SO bad. Poor girl doesn't realize that most of her class will lose a tooth before she does since she's one of the youngest. Oh! I can't even think about pulling somebody's tooth out, let along my own kids'. I'm shuddering with the thought... Haha!

Harwood said...

Blame it on the Halloween candy!

Allison said...

There isn't much cuter than a child with theie 2 front teeth gone. Love it!