Friday, January 23, 2009

Fossils

Yesterday I was reading and I came across a quote I really loved, so I wrote it down on a piece of paper and taped it to the fridge. Here's the conversation I had with Eli about it this morning.

Eli: "Mom, what is that paper for?"

Me: "I was reading a talk from General Conference yesterday and one of the Apostles said something I really liked so I wrote it down."

Eli: "What does it say?"

Me: "It says 'The simple secret is this: Put your trust in the Lord, do your best, and then leave the rest to him.' Elder Wirthlin said that. He's one of the apostles."

Eli: (pauses for a second) He's a fossil? I want to see a fossil!

hee, hee...

4 comments:

Liz King Bradley said...

Perfect!!!!

Lisa said...

I love what those fossils say!

Micaela said...

haha!

Jeannie Young said...

So cute!! I love what kids say and how their little minds work!