Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bloom Where You're Planted Farm

Eli at the corn maze

On Saturday, in an effort to fill what is quite a long day without Ben here, we went to the "Bloom Where You're Planted" Farm. I had heard about it from a friend and I'm glad we went! It was super inexpensive and really cute. The kids and I had a great time! If you live around Omaha, it's worth the 40 minute drive. Check out the website at www.bloompumpkinpatch.com.

Carli had to try every single wheelbarrow to find out which color was best.

It's only$3 per person with a $1 discount per person for military--who can beat 2 bucks??

Anyway, yesterday they had a "Haunted Gourd Hunt", kind of like an easter egg hunt, but the kids searched for baby ornamental gourds. Some of them were marked for prizes and Eli and Carli both got one. I didn't get any pictures of the hunt since I was holding Sammy the whole time, but it

She gave up on the wheelbarrows and just went on top.

was a lot of fun! The kids enjoyed it and I love that we got to keep the gourds! They're the centerpiece on our table now.

They had a pumpkin barn that you could shop through with red wagons and a great selection of pumpkins, all different varieties. I thought they were really cheap too--only 35 cents a pound. We bought some of the mini pumpkins three for a dollar. They also had a really cute country store with food and treats and all kinds of stuff to buy.

Eli and Carli loved playing on top of the hay rolls--and Sammy just

Sammy playing on the little playground. It was great to be able to put him down--the ground was muddy.

wanted to put everything and anything in his mouth. He ate dirt, leaves, hay, grass and corn. He was really building up his immune system yesterday!

This beanbag toss pumpkin was a big hit with the kids as well. They had a lot of fun, simple activities.


Could putting your arms around each other be any more awkward?


Sammy was having no part of a nice picture that day--too many things to touch.


It was great to just get outside and play!


I can't believe how big Eli looks in this picture.


"Huh, wonder what this is?


"Hmm... I don't know, guess I'll eat it."


Carli's stranglehold didn't help Sammy cooperate either! It was so pretty there, I really wanted to get a good picture of the three of them, but it just didn't work out!


It is not very often that all three kids are entertained by the same thing. I took about a million shots of this!


The corn crib was a huge hit--and really big! There weren't too many other kids there, so they really got to play and have fun without worrying about the crowd.


I was surprised at how much Sammy enjoyed the corn. He was in there for a good 40 minutes.

It was really fun to watch them all play together. Too bad Sammy doesn't have a Red Wings Jacket. "One of these things just doesn't belong..."=)


I could not get Sammy to keep the corn out of his mouth! After a while I just gave up.



We had a great time at this little farm. (Look at Sammy, he's still only interested in something to eat!


3 comments:

Papa Moore said...

Looks like a great day!! Reminds me of the petting zoo near Bakersfield. Papa Moore

Pedersen Posse said...

I have never heard of that farm. Looks like it was pretty fun. I really liked the corn crib. My kids would have loved that. I think corn would be much easier to clean up than sand. I hope the kids all slept well that night. :)
PS- You're looking good Luella!

Jeannie Young said...

What great pictures! It sounds like a really fun place for the family. The pictures look great too, even with Sammy busy checking out other things!