Tuesday, October 28, 2008

By Their Fruits . . .



Well, you never would have thought it from the way my little garden started out, but we actually got some vegetables out of it! Of course, I jumped the gun and picked the carrots too soon... Duh. Carrots are really gross when they're not fully grown. I had tomatoes for a few weeks, just enough for me and Carli which was perfect because otherwise they would have gone bad since Eli and Ben don't like them. There is nothing like a homegrown tomato! My garden wasn't the blooming success I would have liked it to be, but now I know what to do next year. It's been a learning experience!

2 comments:

Jeannie Young said...

So glad you got some yummy veggies out of your garden. We did okay this first time around. We got some squash and only two zucchini before the blasted beetles got to them. We had tons of cucumbers and even got two yummy cantaloupe. Our tomatoes came on really well in September. I'm excited to do another garden next year and try some new things---like carrots! Yours look pretty good, how are you supposed to know when they are ready to pick??!!

Allie said...

Good for you! I love gardens!