Monday, October 27, 2008

We love Nana!


Ben's Mom Jane was here visiting recently and we had a great time with her! She is so much fun, the kids love when she comes to visit. The visit was originally to help out after I had knee surgery, but my knee surgery was cancelled so she came just for fun. It was nice to have her here just to play! We had a great time and she spoiled us with dinners out to eat and shopping trips. The kids got to go shoe shopping with her and Eli and Carli love their "light-up" shoes. They both cried after they dropped her off at the airport and Carli has asked me about a hundred times when she's coming back. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful mother-in-law. We love you Nana!


Nana's luggage is always a big pull, but usually it's Carli getting in there and finding trouble. This time Sammy thought it was just the right size for him!



We all had fun making halloween cookies together--in our pajamas, no less. I must admit that Jane won the decorating contest--not that there was a contest, but if there was, she would have won. I just can't manipulate frosting very well.

The black frosting was a big hit, especially once they realized what it did to their tongues!


After a few cookies, Eli cut right to the chase--who cares about the cookies when there's frosting?


And whatever Eli does, Carli does!


Next time I'll just get out bowls of frosting and skip the cookies all together. =)

1 comment:

Jeannie Young said...

Looks like such a fun time! I love the picture of Nana and Sammy, so cute! Sammy is getting so big, he was such a peanut when I saw him in May.