Saturday, June 7, 2008

So Proud!


I got this lovely picture just this morning from my cute husband (although he's not so cute with that UGLY moustache!) I just had to post it to let the world know the caliber of men we have out fighting for our freedom... if I saw that moustache coming I would definitely run!

I miss Ben so much, I'm really glad his deployment is almost over--only a couple of weeks left. Carli has cried at least once a day for the past few weeks asking when Daddy is coming home. It has been hard without him, but on a serious note, I am so proud of him for doing this job. The work he's over in the desert doing ensures all of us back at home the daily freedoms that we take for granted. Where would our country be without men who volunteer to put themselves at risk... all for the greater good? I thank the Lord for this country and for our wonderful military, and I'm proud to play a supporting role.

2 comments:

Jeannie Young said...

Amen to that! You can thank Ben personally from us. We are so grateful for wonderful men like him! Hopefully these last few weeks without him will go by quickly for yo (and Carli!)

Micaela said...

Haha! Phil grew a mustache while he was out there too- he knows that I prefer him to be clean shaven so I guess it's his only opportunity!:) If there's anything you need in the next little while, please call!