Monday, June 2, 2008

Go Wings!!!


Well, I guess it's official... our son Eli is a Red Wings Fan. At 5:30 am this morning, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder and turned over to see Eli standing in just his underwear whispering my name. I automatically thought, "Oh, no! He's thrown up or got a bloody nose or something. What happened?" He just whispered, "Mommy, can you come help me get my Red Wings Jersey down? I want to wear it to school today." Even at 5:30 am I had to laugh as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and helped him find his jersey. I really wish that Ben had been here to witness this one, since he is the Red Wings #1 fan. By the way, for those of you who are not hockey fans (how sad!), the Stanley Cup Finals are going on right now and game five between the Wings and the Penguins is tonight, 8 pm eastern. The series is 3-1 Wings, so if all goes well, the Wings will be skating with the Stanley Cup tonight at the Joe.