Thursday, June 5, 2008

Extreme Weather

CRAZY weather last night!! Starting at about 7 pm, things got a little crazy outside! It was the biggest electrical storm I've seen yet, and we had some good ones last year. I did manage to get some video of it, but I haven't figured out how to upload the videos yet... you'll have to wait for that one. Carli was pretty scared, and ended up not going to bed until I did around 11 pm. Eli and Sammy both slept through the entire storm. The rain got here around 9, but it wasn't too bad. The lightning strikes were several per second and it seemed almost like daylight at times. We heard the tornado sirens go off at one time and we were under tornado watch for about an hour. This picture is of a tornado that touched down in Iowa, just across the Missouri river from us. There were a total of about 10 confirmed tornados across Nebraska and Iowa last night... and guess what?? They say more "extreme" weather is coming tonight! I was scared for my garden which I just put in a few days ago (my garden post is coming soon!), but it came through all right. The lightning/thunder and rain lasted most of the night. I woke up several times waiting for the kids to run into my room, but miraculously no one woke up. On the way to drop Eli off at school we saw that the Papio creek is very swollen and the golf course is flooded, but that didn't stop the early morning golfers!
As long as the tornados stay well away from us, I'm all for extreme weather!

2 comments:

Team Laws said...

Yikes! Glad to hear everyone made it out safe. We've seen some footage of some of those storms, or at least what they left behind. I heard the tail end of a report of BASKETBALL-size hell (hail). Could that be right?
I added a link to your page on one of mine.

http://teamlaws.blogspot.com/

Check this one out and hit the participate link to add a post to the site. Look forward to keeping track of you guys.

Jeannie Young said...

That is crazy! Well, I can see that the video download still didn't work---too bad! Hopefully you can figure it out, I'd love to see it.