Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This Storm Came Outta Nowhere!




Last night after I got the kids in bed I stepped outside to check on my garden and lo and behold, there was a huge storm rolling in just behind our house. It looked sunny and wonderful in front of the house, but in the back it was getting serious! Check out some of the pictures and video I got.



It didn't end up being a very big storm for us, but north of us it poured pretty hard. It rained for a little while, but the lightning and thunder stayed behind us, thank goodness. I didn't want Carli waking up again. I definitely don't like Tornadoes, but watching a storm from a safe distance is a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Those are some awesome pics and videos though. That storm & the sun made for a beautiful sunset, IMHO.

Jeannie Young said...

Awesome pictures! You have some pretty wild weather out there in Nebraska! It's cool you can see the whole sky and watch a storm move in. I love all the green trees out here, but I miss the sky, we've got to go down to the beach to see the whole sky! Glad to hear you made it through the storm with no problems. Was that the same group of storms those boy scouts got stuck in?

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.